Friday, November 26, 2010

My brudder Mike


November 27th - it's Mike's birthday today. He would have been 53. I sure miss him. When I hear something funny, I still think "Mike would love this". Every time he called or emailed me he would say "Hey, dis is yor brudder"

I was listening to the radio this morning, and the song "Desperado" came on. (what are the chances?) I haven't heard that song since Sarah sang it at Mike's funeral. By the way, Sarah, thanks for taking on the funeral solos.

With all his challenges, Mike was amazing in so many ways. I agree with Bill, Mike had enough personality for two people! He loved music!!! He was so talented in singing and playing drums. He was also one of the best storytellers I've ever heard. And he was so generous. As Steve said "If Mike had a nickel and you needed a dime, he would find a way to give you fifteen cents!"

The thing so endearing about Mike was how positive he was about our Mom & Dad and his 'seesters'. He chose to hold on to all the good childhood memories.


Mike, you left me with lots of good memories too.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BRUDDER!


2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Uncle Mike. This was really touching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Mike too. I'm sad that we can't hear his latest views on life. He was hilarious but he was also so tenderhearted and thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete